Sysco is a National Sponsor of the National Restaurant Association Education Foundation. Local Sysco operating companies provide ServSafe certification programs to healthcare foodservice directors.
Those seeking certification are required to attend 1- or 2-day training sessions, which are typically held in a central location outside of their healthcare facility.
During the training, instructors will:
- Review and discuss material in the current coursebook
- Present DVDs to reinforce concepts
- Utilize interactive games to facilitate learning
- Prepare participants to take the certification exam.
The exam will certify participants in such topics as:
- Introduction to Food Safety
- Microorganisms and Allergens
- Personal Hygiene
- Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing
- Preparation, Cooking and Serving
- Facilities, Cleaning and Sanitizing, and Pest Management
Needing to register for a ServSafe class? Click here to find one near you.